CHESTER MIDDLE SCHOOL
Chester Middle School, built in 1906, had undergone several additions, resulting in a highly disorganized plan. The primary entrance was located at one end of a linear building, compelling students to walk an excessive distance to classes. The DePasquale Delph Gentilhomme Group / Fanning Howey Associated Architects relocated the entrance to the center of the plan, creating a Main Street which pierces through the building. On one side of Main Street is the core Academic Area; on the other, Elective Areas, Cafeteria and Auditorium. The existing 100,000 square feet was also fully renovated to include a complete ADA upgrade, installation of a technology backbone, state-of-the-art conversion of the former Gymnasium to a Media Center and updated Kitchen and Serving Areas. The 20,000 square-foot addition features six new Science Labs, a Gymnasium and Support Spaces.